Here are some new procedures we will be implementing to keep dancers and teachers safe in the studio:
- The lobby will be closed so parents will need to wait in their cars or leave and come back when classes are over.
- Dancers need to wait in their cars until class time. Everyone will enter the studio through the lobby door and use hand sanitizer from the front desk. Dancers are asked to wait in designated areas in the halls until teachers invite them into the classroom. Dancers need to take off their street shoes and put them in their dance bag before entering the classroom.
- Anyone who enters the studio should wear a mask at all times. Dancers will wear masks when in the the classrooms in addition to being spread out.
- Dancers should bring a bag every week with their dance shoes and a water bottle with water only; no Gatorade, pop, juice, etc. Bags will be stored in cubbies or spread out along walls. The floors will be taped to help with social distancing.
- All mats, barres, cubbies, props and door handles will be sanitized between all classes.
- All dancers will leave through the Exit door. We ask parents to be on time for pick-up to limit congestion in the studio.
- Restrooms are available for emergency only. Please use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- If you are feeling ill, have a fever, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask that you do not come to the studio for classes but do them via Zoom until you are able to return.
UNIFORM POLICY: Our uniform policy requires all dancers to wear a black leotard with any color dance shorts, skirt or leggings to class every week. Tights are optional. A black ballet skirt with tights or leggings is required for Ballet technique classes. Hair needs to be neatly pulled up for class. Boys should wear a black T-shirt with athletic shorts or pants. Dancers are asked to label all their dance shoes and bring them in a bag each week.
DANCE SHOE REQUIRMENTS
Combo Ballet– Pink Ballet shoes or Tan Freeform shoes (for Jr. & Sr. High only)
Combo Tap– Tan Tap shoes
Pom– Tan Jazz shoes
Musical Theater Jazz– Tan Jazz shoes or Black Jazz shoes for boys only
Hip Hop– Black Nike tennis shoes with a white sole
Jazz Technique– Tan Jazz shoes
Ballet Technique– Pink Ballet shoes